Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Weird weapon

I was reading about ancient weapons on Wikipedia and I ran across this odd curved weapon (sword?) called the flax.

You hit him with the falx, I'll untie his sandle!

It was used by the Thracians and Dacians to defend their lands against the Roman conquerers.


I can't think of any rpg that has includes this. I thought T&T had just about every weird weapon imaginable in it, but even it doesn't cover the falx. I'd treat it as an armor piercing sword, myself. And now I have an uncontrollable urge to use it in a game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know of any rpg to use this but i saw this weapon in Rome : Total war. The Dacian faction there has a Falxmen squad which rips apart roman legions .

Jerry Cornelius said...

It sounds like they really did their homework for that game.